Mandate of DYA
The core mandate and responsibilities of the DYA include the following five broad areas.
- The National Youth Policy
- Youth Employment Policy
- Youth Mainstreaming in National Development
- Coordinating youth issues in national development
- Spearheading protection of youth from harmful cultural practices and exploitation.
DYA Focus Areas – 8 Point plan
DYA aims to achieve transformative youth empowerment by pursuing the following eight focus areas:
- Policy and Legal Framework
- Leadership and Participation
- Skills Development and Employment
- Talent Identification and Development
- Agriculture, Environmental Management and Sustainable Development
- Health, Crime and Security, Drug and Substance Abuse
- ICT Development
- Coordination, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting.