The Cabinet Secretary, Prof Margaret Kobia, held a meeting with KCB Group where they deliberated on strengthening our existing collaboration.
They held discussions among them the 'Formalising the Informal Sector Skilling for Self Employment' Program with its flagship project, 2jiajiri.
2jiajiri has so far empowered 22,000 young people since its inception in 2016 through provision of technical skills training, start-up capital and market linkages.
The Ministry is keen to continue to strengthen its collaboration with KCB and specifically to;
1. Support the recruitment of future beneficiaries.
2. Monitor and evaluate the project.
3. Encourage youth beneficiaries to access Ministry's Affirmative Funds.
4. Mobilise participation from other Ministries and Agencies to support the project.
5. Explore other opportunities offered by KCB to deliver on the Government's Big 4 Agenda.
Present at the meeting was Chief Administrative Secretary, Hon. Rachel Shebesh, KCB Group CEO, Mr. Joshua Oigara, KCB Foundation MD, Mrs. Jane Mwangi and other staff from the Ministry